- 2 cups apple cider
- 2 slices of bacon
- 1/4 cup chopped shallots or red onion
- 1/4 teaspoon slat
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1/3 cup blue cheese
- Bring apple cider to a boil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook until reduced to 1/2 cup, about 15 minutes.
- Cook bacon in a large saucepan over medium-high heat until crisp. Remove back from pan. Crumble back and set aside. Reserve 1 tablespoon of drippings.
- Add shallots to bacon drippings. cook for 1 minute or until soft. Add reduced apple cider, salt and pepper. Add cabbage,carrot, and bacon. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Add blue cheese. Toss to combine. Serve immediately
Adapted from www.buylocalnebraska.org