- four cups of spinach, washed torn into bit sized pieces
- 1-2 cups of fresh strawberries, washed and sliced
- 1/3 cup of olive oil
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinager
- 1/2 Tbsp red wine vinager
- 1 clove of garlic, minced, or a 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp ground mustard
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- Place the ingredients for the vinaigrette in a jar, cover tightly with a lid, and shake well.
- Pour over the spinach and strawberries.
- Feel free to add walnuts, almonds, baked tofu or chicken to make this a complete meal.
Note: If you have extra dressing, it will keep well in the refrigerator. One thing to keep in mind, though, is that the oil will solidify in cold temperatures. This does not mean it is bad. Just leave it out on the counter for 30 minutes or so the next time you want to use it, give it a shake again, and you are good to go!
Vinaigrette recipe adapted from http://mywholefoodlife.com/2013/04/26/homemade-balsamic-vinaigrette/