- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Filling ingredients (see note below)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 8 large eggs
- 1/2 cup of cheese
- Adjust the oven rack to the upper middle position and pre-heat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Heat oil in a 10 inch over proof skillet over medium high heat. Add filling ingredients and season with salt and pepper. Add garlic
- Beat eggs and any other seasoning (i.e. Italian seasoning, parsley, pesto). Add to skillet. Cook without stirring, until eggs began to set around the edges. Add cheese. Transfer skillet to oven; bake until the eggs are puffed and set 8 to 10 minutes.
Filling Ingredients Any combination of vegetables will work. Some ideas include: Asparagus, onions, spinach, and mushrooms. Allow 3/4 cup per person. Filling ingredients should be cooked before adding the eggs or the eggs will cook before the ingredients are done.
Adapted from www.buylocalnebraska.org