- 5 cups of assorted root vegetables or winter squash, peeled and cubed
- 2 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Preheat oven to 450 degree Fahrenheit
- Peel and cut vegetables into about 1/2 to 1-inch cubes. Toss with oil, salt and pepper.
- Pour onto a sheet pan big enough to hold the vegetables in a single layer.
- Roast for 20-25 minutes. Spoon honey over vegetables. Mix well to coat vegetables. Return to oven for 5 minutes.
Adapted from www.buylocalnebraska.org